Thursday, April 22, 2010
MY LIFE AS A TEACHER
I got called a dill hole today. It was by one of those kids straight out of Touching Spirit Bear or King Dork or Catcher in the Rye. Seriously. If I asked if he respected anyone, he’d probably say BAM. Funny thing is he's probably just ready for summer.
I only have 5 more weeks of school left and I am so glad. I can barely control the students anymore. They are acting like cattle right before a lightning storm, all anxious and wide-eyed. Not that I blame them. That’s how it is in the last few weeks between spring break and the summer.
Things I’m looking forward to this summer:
1. Flip flops. I am a shoe nerd, it’s true, but come summer, my flip flops reign in shoedom.
2. Disneyland! We are going to Disney for the first time as a family. I haven’t been since I was six or seven and Cole has never been. I am psyched.
3. Working on the novel. Geez, I have been so lazy in this area. I can’t wait to have the time to type again. Type until my fingers ache.
4. Trampolining –yes, I verbafied it.
5. Laying out on the trampoline
6. Eating my fresh veggies from the garden
7. Getting a back lawn…maybe.
8. Going to a conference in Park City. (shopping in Park City is on that agenda too.)
9. Buffy fest 2010
10. Gilmore Girls fest 2010
11. Listening to “I Can’t Stop Partying” (Weezer) in the car with the windows rolled down.