Anyway, it's a quiz about my 2011 year. Since I didn't really give you a list of my goals and plans for 2012, this seemed a good substitute.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Started a weight loss blog: www.theredbookexperiment.blogspot.com
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I wanted to lose 21 lbs, but only lost 15. I still feel good about that though. Yes. I have goals this year. One is to finish my weight loss memoir.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. My best friend, my sister-in-law, and two of my friends.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. But a part of me died a little.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. But I went to Ogden twice. That's almost like a new country. I also visited Bear Lake.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More financial security. (This was my cousin's answer too.)
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The whole month of July. My whole life changed forever. My world seemed to tilt and hasn't quite been on the right axis since. This post is vague, but sort of explains how I was feeling at the time.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Um...Allow me to answer this with a link to my newsletter.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Sometimes I'm just an idiot, ya know? I just do stupid things without thinking and inevitably someone gets hurt. I really thought I'd grown out of that, but obviously I didn't. I'm definitely going to work on trying to think before I act no matter what.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got sick after Christmas. I was bed-ridden for a whole week. It was awful. I wrote this post about it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Kindle. I didn't really buy it. My husband got it for me for my 30th birthday.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Food, car payment, mortgage, bills...
|A little went into shoes...|
13. What did you get really excited about?
Going to Orlando and Disney World in Jan. 2012
|Visiting Lisa in Orlando.|
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
"For the First Time" by The Script.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? [shrug] depends on the day.
– thinner or fatter? thinner
– richer or poorer? poorer
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing, spending time with my kids, vacationing, relaxing during the summer instead of going to 3 teacher's conferences (although I learned so much from each one and used what I learned in the classroom, so maybe I don't wish that).
|I would redo CUWP a hundred times over. =)|
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Crying. And dealing with stress by overeating.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
At home, then at my mom's. I was starting to get sick, so I rested a lot that day.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Mad Men, Dexter, Downton Abbey, Psych, Leverage, and Bones. But I haven't really been addicted to anything. If Joss Whedon would put something out again, I'd be all over it like Buffy on vamps.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Half Assed: A Weight Loss Memoir, I Am Not a Serial Killer, Ten-Year Nap
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Adele, Christina Perri, and "It's a Quarter After One" by Lady Antebellum
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Mostly I watch them on Netflix, because I don't have time or money to go to the movies. However, I really liked The Help. Now I wanna read the book.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
[sigh] I turned 30, and really struggled with it. See this post for reasons.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I wish Cole could get a better paying job. It's not that he dislikes his current job. It's just that his paycheck could be bigger. I think in this economy, everyone's paycheck could be bigger, though.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Structure. Structured, fitted jackets, pencil skirts, tall heels, and red. I love RED. (but there's no shortage of silly either.)
But I'm also into the Mad Men styles too. I just got the cutest trench for Christmas. It's very PanAm.
|I'm in the middle. I got the trench from Tulle.|
26. What kept you sane?
Netflix, Prozac, and prayer. Not necessarily in that order.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Life is only going to get more stressful, and I have to learn to handle it better. In the past, I handled stress with snacking and sugary foods. I think I've tackled that bad habit, but replaced it with other bad habits. Now that I'm aware of my problems, I think I can find healthier outlets for stress.
I also learned that it's ok for me to spend time on me. I should not feel guilty about working out or taking a girls only vacation. I need a timeout from my life once in awhile in order to stay sane. Plus it makes me appreciate my husband and children more when I get back.