|I'm wearing the plastic red bows. Oh yeah! They would've worked if I had plans to dress like a naughty Dorthy. Which I don't.|
- Trying on the prom dress from hell. Imagine leopard print bodice and a fuchsia skirt like a mullet, short in the front, party in the back.
- Trying on tons of TACKY shoes. And some cute ones.
- Dominating at late night Speed Scrabble.
- Monty Python quote-off.
- Getting 2 new pairs of summer wedges.
- Swimming laps for exercise.
- Writing for 5 hours straight. Unadulterated time away from kids and husband and dog and work. Pure bliss.
- Catching up on cable. (I've been cable-free since August. So I watched Leverage, Psych, and What Not to Wear. Also, cable hasn't changed much in the past few months. They're still showing Die Hard marathons, and yes, I watched one too. "Now I know what a TV dinner feels like." - J. McClane)
- The girl with the tacky rhinestone bracelets. She wore maybe 15 on each arm. We debated giving her an intervention.
- Having a king-sized bed to myself.
- Outback steak.
- Free brownies made with love.
- Words with Friends.
- Singing "Party in the USA" at the tops of our lungs. (parody-like)
- Josie's "birthday".
|We were going for "furiously happy".|
|And Josie didn't even get a year older. =)PS, the students planned this surprise. Teenagers never change, except for their haircuts.|