Posted around my office to keep me focused and writing:
1. "Ask: Let me bring forth, if I can, for its own sake and not for what it can do for me or how it can advance my standing." --The War of Art, Steven Pressfield
2. "There is no excuse for pedestrian dialogue." --Stories I Only Tell My Friends, Rob Lowe
3. "Conversation is Combat." --Clint Johnson
4. When we begin to create, "angel midwives congregate around us; they assist us as we give birth to ourselves, to that person we were born to be, the one whose destiny was encoded in our soul, our daimon, our genius. Eternity, as Blake might have told us, has opened a portal into time. And we're it." --The War of Art, Steven Pressfield
5. Butt in chair, Hands on keyboard.
6. Every character has a different script.
7. "If not now, when?" --The Interestings, Meg Wolitzer